The Lost Diadem
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rules and Regs (Roleplaying Edition)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Froggie
Admin
Froggie

Rules and Regs (Roleplaying Edition) Empty
PostSubject: Rules and Regs (Roleplaying Edition)   Rules and Regs (Roleplaying Edition) I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 12:47 pm

I feel I need to lay down some groundwork when it comes to roleplaying. I will throw sticks and rocks at you if you don't behave nicely so here are a few things to remember.

If you have any tips you want added! Feel free to post them in this thread.

1. Treat others with respect.
Do unto others what you want done to you. It’s a simple thing we can enforce if all of us just use our brains.

2. No spamming,
Just like in other forums. Do not post stupid pointless annoying messages that clutter the thread with irrelevant discussion.

3. No one-liners or short posts.
The minimum length for a post would be 1 nice paragraph – about 4 lines of text. One-liners and short posts will not progress the RP much and can be considered as spam.

4. I don't want to read a book
While some people don't write much at all others write FAAAR too much. Don't have a book as a reply. People will lose interest. Try to keep it a decent size. There isn't as much restriction on this one though because it's not that bad of a thing, just irritating.

5. No bunnying, godmodding, power-playing etcis allowed.
This means that you are not allowed to control other players’ characters without permission. Things such as dodging/landing every hit, unable to die or have unlimited health is heavily frowned upon as it ruins the roleplay experience for everyone. Different GMs have different opinions on character control. Please pay attention to what you do with other characters.

6. Mary Sues and Gary Stus will be burned at the stake.
Characters must have flaws and balanced traits, and not be godly and powerful. For more information on what a Mary Sue/Gary Stu is, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Sue

7. Plot-stealing is not tolerated.
When reporting stolen plots, please include a print screen of the original roleplay, and please make sure that the thief isn't the same person as the creator. Threads accused of being stolen will immediately be closed, and the stolen content removed at once. They will only be reopened if proof that the roleplay is not stolen is presented.

The right of opposition against being accused of a stolen RP belongs to the GM and the GM only. Should they have anything to say, then there is no need for you to help them say it, even if you are a player in the RP.

8. No script-writing, text talk or abbreviated speech.
For example:

Character 1: Dialogue
Character 2: Dialogue
Character 1: *Action* Dialogue

In other words, we are not roleplaying as if in a play or drama, we are roleplaying as if writing a novel. There will be no asterisks or brackets to symbolize action. Also, you must use proper English in your IC posts. No shortening words like ‘two’ as ‘2’ or ‘you’ as ‘u’ etc.

9.Thread revival:
If a RP thread has been dead for one month or more, only the GM may post in it and revive it. If a thread has been dead for two months or more though, nobody may post in it. You'd better make a new RP if you want to revive it.

If you have any ideas for a thread, need some help or anything RP related. It goes in here. Just make a thread! When you actually have a game thread though, remember to preface it with [RP] So people know exactly which threads to play in.

If you don't know much about roleplaying. Feel free to check out some resources Very Happy

.Here's a wiki how to.

Last edited by Froggie on Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:42 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://thelostdiadem.forumotion.com
blueagle

blueagle

PostSubject: Re: Rules and Regs (Roleplaying Edition)   Rules and Regs (Roleplaying Edition) I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 12:31 am

let's not be sending killing spells ALLLLL over the place now. jocolor are we keeping it HP related? let's role play HCC xD
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/vjustinc
Froggie
Admin
Froggie

PostSubject: Re: Rules and Regs (Roleplaying Edition)   Rules and Regs (Roleplaying Edition) I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 12:48 am

Lol it can be anything! Just make a game thread for whatever!
Back to top Go down
https://thelostdiadem.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rules and Regs (Roleplaying Edition)   Rules and Regs (Roleplaying Edition) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rules and Regs (Roleplaying Edition)
Page 1 of 1