The Lost Diadem
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Favourite type(s) of genre?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
AurorGalleon16

AurorGalleon16

Favourite type(s) of genre? Empty
PostSubject: Favourite type(s) of genre?   Favourite type(s) of genre? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 1:45 am

So just to start off this silent forum, what kinds of genres do you like to read and/or write?

For me, fantasy tops my list, followed by mystery. Horror and romance comes last. xD

How about everyone else? Favourite type(s) of genre? 2646768385
Back to top Go down
SandRune94

SandRune94

PostSubject: Re: Favourite type(s) of genre?   Favourite type(s) of genre? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 11:57 am

I like historical fiction, especially medieval England, Scotland, and Ireland.
I also enjoy romance novels.
Throw the two together, and I'm an absolute sucker.

I also like teen fiction... I find that the story plots tend to be more
entertaining than adult fiction.

It is also important to note that I'm in love with poetry. =)
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=159000823
blueagle

blueagle

PostSubject: Re: Favourite type(s) of genre?   Favourite type(s) of genre? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 12:38 am

hm..i've been sticking to YA for some time now.lots of LGBT books by julie anne peters. the classics are starting to grow on me to be honest. horror comes last not only with books but movies as well.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/vjustinc
AurorGalleon16

AurorGalleon16

PostSubject: Re: Favourite type(s) of genre?   Favourite type(s) of genre? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 3:08 am

No matter how many times, I still can't seem to understand the appreciation for romance novels. I read Pride and Prejudice once, but I gave up half-way because I find the kind of "playing hard to get/ feigning uninterest" in relationship very boring. I can't last out on love stories like ever. :/ x~x
Back to top Go down
RainJinx151

RainJinx151

PostSubject: Re: Favourite type(s) of genre?   Favourite type(s) of genre? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 2:08 pm

AurorGalleon16 wrote:
No matter how many times, I still can't seem to understand the appreciation for romance novels. I read Pride and Prejudice once, but I gave up half-way because I find the kind of "playing hard to get/ feigning uninterest" in relationship very boring. I can't last out on love stories like ever. :/ x~x
I'm pretty sure Elizabeth genuinely disliked Mr. Darcy for much of the story, but I agree that love stories are annoying as a subplot, let alone to carry an entire book.

I enjoy goofy comedy with a fantasy or sci-fi twist, like stuff by Christopher Moore or Douglas Adams. Basically I'm a big kid who still likes cartoons.
Back to top Go down
SandRune94

SandRune94

PostSubject: Re: Favourite type(s) of genre?   Favourite type(s) of genre? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 3:27 pm

I don't know that I would consider Pride and Prejudice a "romance" novel. I would certainly call it a love story, but I think it falls in Classic Literature.
When I hear "romance novels", most of the time, I think of Lynsay Sands, Nora Roberts, or J.R. Ward... Yes, they are love stories, but they tend to be more about building the relationship, and they actually contain sex scenes in them.
Back to top Go down
Froggie
Admin
Froggie

PostSubject: Re: Favourite type(s) of genre?   Favourite type(s) of genre? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 7:22 pm

Fantasy, Paranormal Romance, urban fantasy, comedy, anddddd horror. Very Happy

I like me some vampire/werewolf smut. What can I say. And not twilight, that is a shame to the paranormal romance genre. It isn't smutty enough. I'm very far from being prudish at all. I mean I like my romancing and the development but I thoroughly enjoy the actual smutty part that results from the romancing. I will most definitely judge a writers ability if they can't write a good sex scene. I can't stand when ti's like "he put his hand down there and she started to moan." He put his hand where? What? Why is she moaning? What is going on, this sucks.
Back to top Go down
https://thelostdiadem.forumotion.com
SandRune94

SandRune94

PostSubject: Re: Favourite type(s) of genre?   Favourite type(s) of genre? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 10:25 pm

So are you a J.R. Ward fan, Froggie?
Back to top Go down
blueagle

blueagle

PostSubject: Re: Favourite type(s) of genre?   Favourite type(s) of genre? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 11:11 pm

Froggie wrote:
I will most definitely judge a writers ability if they can't write a good sex scene. I can't stand when ti's like "he put his hand down there and she started to moan." He put his hand where? What? Why is she moaning? What is going on, this sucks.

agreeeeeeeeing.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/vjustinc
Froggie
Admin
Froggie

PostSubject: Re: Favourite type(s) of genre?   Favourite type(s) of genre? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 11:14 pm

I don't know this author you speak of.... Favourite type(s) of genre? 2457611435
Back to top Go down
https://thelostdiadem.forumotion.com
AurorGalleon16

AurorGalleon16

PostSubject: Re: Favourite type(s) of genre?   Favourite type(s) of genre? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 3:49 am

RainJinx151 wrote:
AurorGalleon16 wrote:
I'm pretty sure Elizabeth genuinely disliked Mr. Darcy for much of the story, but I agree that love stories are annoying as a subplot, let alone to carry an entire book.
I think they did get together in the end...? Correct me if I'm wrong since I didn't read the whole book. As much as they are at loggerheads with one another, inside they do feel something for each other IIRC.

SandRune94 wrote:
I don't know that I would consider Pride and Prejudice a "romance" novel. I would certainly call it a love story, but I think it falls in Classic Literature.
When I hear "romance novels", most of the time, I think of Lynsay Sands, Nora Roberts, or J.R. Ward... Yes, they are love stories, but they tend to be more about building the relationship, and they actually contain sex scenes in them.
I've not done much romance novels to actually say for sure whether one is so yeah, I'm not sure about Pride and Prejudice. Still, love stories bore me. I would only like romance so much as a shipping/arc in a novel and not one which is used to built a plot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favourite type(s) of genre?   Favourite type(s) of genre? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favourite type(s) of genre?
Page 1 of 1